We are searching for an Accessory Designer to join the Tie Bar team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the research and development of new and exciting men’s accessories that align with current market trends and the brand’s core best sellers. You will collaborate with Merchandising, Marketing and our Creative Director to translate trends and concepts into men’s accessory products that resonate with our customer. Your creative vision will play a crucial role in shaping our monthly collections. A successful candidate will be creative, detail-oriented, a team player, and possess a sense of urgency.
As What You’ll Be Doing:
- Obsessing over consumers: Research global markets to identify new seasonal trends, fabrics, techniques, and competitive inspiration. Provide recommendations to cross functional teams and leadership regarding seasonal themes, ensuring product meets business and customer needs.
- Designing products consumers love: Create mood boards and CADs for assigned categories and products. Own technical design to create tech packs and communicate vision behind fit and product design, ensuring execution, quality, and desired margin targets are achieved.
- Establishing and improving internal processes: Ensure timely approval of pre-production & top of production samples. Present designs to cross functional teams and leadership.
- Keeping the team aligned: Develop strong internal cross functional relationships with Merchandising and Marketing partners to ensure concepts and designs are aligning to the brand's seasonal big ideas and strategies. Assist Merchandising with daily communication to suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design or equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with a apparel or textiles retailer preferred
- Strong systems knowledge including Adobe CS, Asana, Microsoft Suite and Google Suite.
- Thorough knowledge of print development and/or illustration, fabrication, construction, color use, sewing techniques, and trim
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment, with the ability to juggle multiple seasons at one time and track development deadlines
- Possess an elevated sense of style, aesthetic, and color and understand how to translate trends through the lens of the customer and brand filter
- Creative and critical thinker, with the ability to problem solve
- Self-motivated, driven to succeed and have a passion for learning
- Ability to travel to/live near the Chicago Metro Area
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Hybrid/Flexible Working
- 401k availability
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life/ADD Insurance
- Merchandise Discount
- Company Bonus
- Team loves to work hard and have fun